Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Can't believe I'm saying this


But I miss painting bikes. Not that I painted any today. But I spent some time in the paint booth today for the first time in nearly 2 months. I've been painting, but I've been painting on cars and trucks, working on the car book.
Finishing off the last of the Miata parts. Buffed on the Miata. Did some Christmas shopping today. Sent off more photos for the book. As far as the book goes, got to read through the rest of the edited chapters but sent in 6 of them this morning. I've been running all day.
Outside, the outline of my house glows with blue lights through the darkness of the trees. Blue candles in the windows. Blue lighted wreath on the front of the garage. Many years ago, I used to drive in the night, coming back from delivering bike parts, seeing the houses in the woods lit up with decorations. Those houses looked so cozy and safe.
So right now it feels so very very good to put on my jammies and sit down on the couch. Now I'll curl up under the indian blanket I bought 2 years ago on a trip out west. My husband says he's getting old, well long nights felt tiring 25 years ago. Putting in 16 or 18 hour days has always felt horrible. But atleast I can sit on my comfy couch in my safe warm little house. And that's a hell of alot more than I had 25 years ago. -----Crazy Horse

1 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey J.B. Enjoy seein' ya out here in the blogsphere. Just started one not so long ago myself. I always enjoy your stuff on bikernet.com Just thought I would say hey and Merry christmas!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home