Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Life is a frickin picnic

Crazy Horse here (I think) - Many years ago I used to live in a place where people actually came over as I did not live in boondockville. Some mornings my landlords son in law, The Rupe would get off working 3rd shift and I'd find him sitting at my kitchen table drinking beers at 7am as the bars were not open yet. He'd always leave money in the fridge, $3 per beer just like the bar. And I told him not to pay but he insisted it just wouldn't be right not to pay.
Anyhow he had this saying, when some horrible thing would happen, and they happened alot to all of us who lived at the end of that dead end street as were all idiots, the Rupe would comment, "It's just like Thanksgiving everyday."
Well that's how this year is starting out. I had a wonderful, incredible Thanksgiving, relaxing Christmas, fun New Years, then whammo!
There are moments that mark your life. When you realize nothing will ever be the same and you divide your life into two parts, what happened before this and what happened after. And sometimes you can feel them before they happen and the strong keep going.
I'm not saying I'm strong. People like Morgan are strong. That woman has paid more dues than most of the toughest men can even imagine.
To see someone you care about hurting and not be able to do anything to help, to change it, now that's hard. I lost someone a long time ago. No warning, just bang, gone. Can't go back and say what you wanted to say, or maybe be nicer.
So today if you're reading this, think of who you are taking for granted. Someone you should treat better than you do. And be nicer. Let down that wall you hide behind. If you're being selfish, stop it. Try and be more thoughtful.
Cos there will come a day when you'll wish you had. And you won't be able to. I went through it once. And it's so easy to get into those selfish ways if people love you enough to let you get away with it.
Hey this might be some way too honest stuff. But like my high school welding teacher used to tell me all the time , "Be nice."
You never know when one of those "moments" will come along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) & Happy New Year from that blogger down under in New Zealand.Life is too short to spend time saying "sorry", when there would of been no need to do so if you had been nice to begin with.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home