Thursday, December 29, 2005

Last of 2005


Crazy Horse here- There was a time not too long ago when I could not wait to get the hell out of 2005. So much bullshit happened. You know what kind of stuff I mean, the times that involve dishonesty, phoney stuff, just real unnessesary things. It colored my perception during the year. But now, looking back there were some truly awesome moments and most of them involved motorcycles and the people in the bike business.
People like Sara Liberte. Sara is beautiful inside and out. She's talented, witty, energetic and honest. I am honored to call her friend.
Margorie Klieman is another person who came into my life. For those who don't recognize the name, she is editor of American Iron Retailer, as well as a writer for American Iron, AI Choppers, and Thunder Press. She practically lives on her Dyna. Not one of those lady journalists that show up in daisy dukes and in a van. Marge is real.
None of you have heard of Barb Wilson, but any rider, male or female would love to ride alongside this woman. Barb rides like the wind, and she rolls on the miles. Danm this woman rode all the way from NJ down to my place in NC to ride around one day with me this past summer. Then in Sept she rode from Jersey down to Ocean City, MaryLand to help me at a bike event. Now that doesn't sound like much of a ride does it? But try it 2 weeks after having nearly half your lung capacity removed. Major surgery that she did not have a 100% chance of surviving. But she's living life 100% after it. That's Barb riding the Dragon's Tail in the picture above.
Morgan Storm, one person I sure wish I could have spent more time with this year. I don't understand rich folks who run to the head dr every week. Hell, if I had enough money I'd spend my time visiting my friends, riding with them, playing cards, telling stories and creating new ones to tell.
Good friends and good rides are what make life worth living. And my friends new and old were there for me this year. Sometimes it's easy to get lost and lose track of what is truly important. And that's what friends do, they are there for you even tho you're doing stupid shit, they listen while you complain about the aftermath of the stupid shit you did, they try and help you dig yourself out of the shit, and then they are there for you for you're ready to enjoy life again. And the most importantly, they don't judge you cos you're stupid. Cos they know everyone has their moments of stupidity, whether it's trusting the wrong person or trusting your own poor judgement. Yup, and those are the friends worth keeping.
2006 - I have no idea what is in store for me. I just want to enjoy the journey. Stay away from the pitfalls this time, spend more time in the seat of either of my bikes, and watch more sunsets over the Black Hills.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey Crazy Horse! Here is wishes for a happy and prosperous new year! May the Biker God smile upon you and watch your back for you. When ya drink whisky may your head not hurt and may all the good times to come warm your soul everday this year. May you find peace when out on the road. May all the deer sleep when ya ride by and your roads run dry.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Crazy Horse said...

Thanks Cornbread back at you! I read a bit of your blog and all that food talk sounds good!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home