Friday, December 23, 2005

Hell Froze Over Friday



A Friday I can enjoy? Got my work done? Yes. No fricking way. All I have to do this morning is burn pictures to a disc and drop it in the Fed Ex box. Unreal.
I thought I'd share the above pic with everyone. It was one of the many cool moments at Sturgis this year. I stopped over Jose's to return a jacket and Billy Lane and my editor Darwin Holmstrom stopped in. We all ended up sitting on the floor of Jose's garage talking about everything from old cars to old days to I can't remember what. No celebrity stuff, no posturing, no bullshit, just bullshitting. Darwin is one wild dude. He's the bald guy. Very extreme. He used to race bikes and knew Hunter Thompson. And he's one guy who could of kept up with Hunter, in fact he could write a book about his "bad old" days. Maybe we all could. I think everyone sitting on that floor has quite the past.
I wish the whole year coulda been like that, and it could have been. Oh well.
Worked in my studio last night. No, not on bikes yet! It was a softball helmet. Present for a little girl. But there are killer evil projects waiting to be worked on. Gotta one of my favorite paint jobs soon to be featured in American Iron. My husband's bike. Poor guy deserves it. He works all day on bikes then comes home to our garage and works on bikes a few more hours. And he barely makes enough to pay his bills. Nope, no celebrity builder stuff here. Just two people who dig bikes. Too much to sell our last 2 projects, both of which were built to sell. But we loved them so much we kept them. See that is how you make money in the bike business. Build them - then - sell them! Guess I missed that lesson. What would I rather have? All my bills paid off and a new roof on the house or a brutal chopper out in the garage? Hum, easy choice for me.
So today ...I will not paint bikes. I will do a very girl thing. I will shop with one of my best girl friends. Ginny is a tall blonde with blue eyes that can kill at 10 paces. She rides. She's cool. More about her later. I'll find a good pic to post. She is beautiful. AND SHE'S SINGLE! Hey guys - maybe we'll have a win a dream date with Ginny contest. Men would have to write an essay on why they should have a date with this incredible lady. No posers or fuckheads please. Ginny will read them and choose her date. More later.
I will not paint bikes tomorrow either! Or the next day. But I may paint some the day after. This is the first holiday in many years, that I have not had to paint during Christmas or Christmas eve. Wow! Just like when I used to work in factories and they gave us time off for Christmas. Gee, do they do that anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home