Monday, January 23, 2006

Missing any kind of riding


Crazy Horse here - I was just on The Horse's Back Talk board and someone was writing about riding on crappy days. Well, sitting here on a foggy, rainy, cold Monday morning I was thinking back to the mid 90's whwn I used to ride my Ninja everywhere in any kind of weather. There is a sense of the surreal riding in weather like this, the gray fog and drizzle gives the world a sense that it is all dream. It seems so strange that I miss those days of the old 90's. Never thought I would look back. But I do. I was young, in my 30's and life seemed infinate. Get on the other side of 40 and life feels completely different.
I guess the point of this post is to tell anyone out there who is feeling bad about their life, is to stop seeing all the hell. There is good, and years later when you look back, you'll see it. See between the edges of whatever you feel is wrong in your life and enjoy the good.
Thaqt pic above was taken after a day of riding in the rain and drizzle. I had just done 256 miles of it across the back country of South Carolina. I loved that day. Too bad I came home and let a situation bring me down. It was something I could have walked away from and not allowed it to bother me. But I did. And it was not worth it. Not one bit. I could have kept that golden glow from that ride. Kept it into the evening, shared it with my husband. But I didn't. I let myself get sidetracked.
My old cat is gone, buried out by the shed alongside my Evo cat and Hilda dog. Baby cat nearly made it to be 21 years old. She had a quite a life after she turned 10. That's when my dad died and she moved in with me. She moved to Florida with me, had her own screened porch full of plants where she could watch the birds on the lake, the storms move across the land, I wonder if she ever saw any of that. Then she came here to North Carolina.
Oh now to start my workday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Inspirational goog job dear!!!Abu Dhabi Desert Safari

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home