Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Routine Adventures

Crazy Horse here - Cornbread said he missed my usual posts so here's one for him. The winter pace is usually brutal, but this year, it's way past that. So many things are happening seemlying all at once here. My best guyfriend who I call my brother wants to move his family down here to SC. And if I had a wish, it would be for him, his wife and my godsons to be only an hour away from me. To see those two little dudes grow up, babysit them, take them to swap meets, Panther games, help them learn about life and watch as they grow and experience it. To be there the day one of them storms away from home, showing up at my front door cos Dad doesn't understand him. To tell them ghost stories in my back yard sitting around a fire and bitch them out when they break their first heart.
To be able to spend time with my sister in law, going out to eat and laughing about the latest situation my brother has gotten into.
But this is the busy season and he's ready to look at land NOW dammit! If I stall him, he'll lost interest.
And my old cat is dying. Now that may not seem like much, but she is all that is left of my parents. They died a while back, and having this old cat around helped me not to miss them too much. To be able to give this cat a good life and I know they loved the cat, so it was one last thing I could do for them, plus I fell in love with the stupid cat and she had a number of adventures in her travels with hubby and I. Now she's stopped eating. And a hard desision must be made.
As for paint work, I just finished a kickass paint job for the Charlotte, Easyriders Show in Feb. I love it.
I'm getting started on a few other paint jobs, pretty wild stuff, and I'm excited to be back working in my studio again.
And I am loving SATA's new airbrush, the SATAgraph 3. It is without a doubt the best airbrush I have ever used.
I started cutting a hiking trail to the back of our property, hell only took me 9 yrars of living here to finally do something.
But overall, despite being so busy with work and family, I'm happier than I was last year, for sure. I'm not taking things or people for granted. I'm enjoying the most of each day, treasuring the sunsets and the sunrises, enjoying the good and not focusing on the less than good.
So thats it. Old cats, new babies, old bikes, new paint. No time for fuckheads.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

I think the part about being happier made me smile the most! Life is good isn't it?

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home