Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday, not Monday

Sitting here about to start working on the airbrush book. VTwin tv is on. Damn how the custom motorcycle industry has changed. Tuesday night on Speed Channel is all motorcycles. Starts off with Texas Hardtails. I like that show. Its silly fun which is what it is meant to be. Then it's Corbin's RideOn, a pretty interesting show. Mike Corbin is always coming up with neat stuff and it did not surprize me the success of his show. Next is VTwin TV and it's very watchable. They really make it intresting to watch with a great variety of material. I like these shows cos they are very real. There's no scripted reality. Speed is doing a fantastic job with their motorcycle content.
As for Crazy Horse Painting, there's a project from American Iron coming into the shop. I'll be handling bodywork and paint duties. For the artwork, I'm teaming up with Ryan White of Indocil Designs. Ryan is a kickass striper and designer. We're gonna come up with a simple yet, striking design to give this bike a different look. There must be thousands of "ol school" chops out there, and we don't want this little chop to get lost in the flat black with pinstripes crowd. So we're going to come up with some evil artwork and bring this baby to life. Keep your eye on American Iron as they detail the entire project in the coming months. The seat guy just finished the seat and it is killer. Sorry cant show yall a picture. Have to wait for the mag to come out.
Big news, well sorta, well almost, a passerby would never even guess that a bike shop is at the end of my driveway. I have the most boring garage building in North Carolina. That will not change, from atleast the street angle. But I will be flaming the side doors of the shop. And I may even do a step by step feature on it for Bikernet.
Anyhow, gotta get to the book. Doing an article for Ol Skool Rods about painting flames on a '39 Ford. The car this part is going on is the talk of the Charlotte area. The owner is digging all the people noticing the car and talking about it. So I guess it was a good idea to take a chance to paint this car last year. I'll post pics here once I finish this last part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home